Educational Assessment

Psychological Assessment

Educational Difficulties

Your child’s been having trouble at school, but that doesn’t mean that he or she is a lost cause. Far from it. Psychological assessment can help to differentiate mood or behavioral disorders from learning disorders, and to determine the problem areas and address them. If your kids get the right accommodations and services, you can hone their exceptionality and help them to excel despite their challenges.

There are many different possible reasons why your child might be having problems at school. A psychologist can administer a variety of tests to determine the causes and find the right treatment for a wide range of intellectual, academic, and emotional difficulties.

Our psychologists can answer the following questions and more:

  • How do I know if my child has AD/HD?
  • Should my child be on AD/HD medication, and if so, which one?
  • How do I know if my child has a mood disorder such as anxiety, depression, eating disorder, or others?
  • Should my child be on anti-depressants, and if so, which one?
  • Does my child have developmental disabilities and if so, what is the appropriate therapeutic or behavioral regimen we should follow to manage it?
  • Is my child getting enough sleep, nutrition, and attention?
  • How do I know if my kid is using drugs?
  • Does my child qualify for educational services?
  • My child is struggling in school. Is she getting the right accommodations?
  • My child isn’t reading well. Is there something you can do to help us accommodate him?
  • Have I accessed all the resources available to my AD/HD child?
  • What services should I be asking for from my child’s vocational services?
  • How do I know when it’s right to put my child on medication?

See our list of assessment providers and call us at 503-740-1971 to schedule an appointment or discuss your situation with our clinicians.