There are a number of instances in which an otherwise healthy adult might be having a problem that would benefit from a cognitive assessment. Cognitive testing distinguishes organic neurological symptoms from symptoms due to a mental or behavioral health concern.
Assessment might be useful in the following situations:
- Concerns about possible adult AD/HD
- Concerns about a possible vascular event such as a stroke
- Diagnosis and assessment of mood disorders such as depression and proper medication
- Cognitive assessment following brain trauma such as might occur in stroke or an accident
- Concerns about unusual behavior: psychologists can differentiate between a possible brain tumor, attention problems, mood disorders, or other organic events such as stroke, and help you get the appropriate medical or therapeutic attention such as an MRI, medication, or therapy
See our list of assessment providers and call us at 503-740-1971 to schedule an appointment or discuss your situation with our clinicians.